Enhance Your Southeast Pennsylvania Home with Beautiful, Efficient Windows
Are your current windows drafty, foggy, difficult to open and close, or causing costly problems, like higher energy bills and moisture damage on your windowsills or walls? If so, it may be time to consider investing in new windows.
New windows can improve energy efficiency, reduce noise pollution, boost curb appeal, and invite more natural light inside your home. However, these benefits are only possible when an experienced team completes your installation. With nearly 50 years in business and plenty of successful installations and happy customers to show for it, Porter Family Exteriors can guarantee window installation that will result in beautiful, lasting results.
Expert Window Installation Services for Southeast Pennsylvania Homes
Porter Family Exteriors is proud to offer several window installation services, such as creating openings for new windows, removing and replacing old windows, and converting existing window openings to accommodate smaller or larger ones.
Insert vs. Full Frame Window Replacement
We offer insert and full frame window installation. Here are the primary differences between these two types of installation:
- Insert (Replacement) — Insert window replacement involves removing the old sashes (the part of the window that moves up and down) and placing new window sashes inside the existing frame with waterproof insulation.
- Full Frame (New Construction) — Full frame window replacement means removing the window sashes and frame and installing new flashing, the window itself, a drip cap, and interior and exterior trim.
Insert replacement is best suited for historic homes with solid wood frames to maintain the property’s authentic facade or as an affordable window replacement solution for modern homes. Full frame replacement is more custom (though more expensive) and includes thorough insulation, proper flashing, and exact sizing—all qualities that are not always possible with insert replacement.
Window Materials and Styles
We offer homeowners the choice between aluminum-clad wood and vinyl windows in various styles, including casement, double-hung, bay and bow windows, and custom sizing.
ProVia Vinyl Windows
Porter Family Exteriors is proud to install durable, efficient, low-maintenance ProVia® windows. With four brands and several styles to choose from, ProVia’s vinyl windows accommodate every homeowner’s unique budget and design preferences.
Andersen® Windows & Doors produces versatile, high-quality windows in several materials—from vinyl to aluminum-clad wood—and nearly a dozen styles, including popular casement, double-hung, and picture windows.
As an Andersen Certified Contractor, Porter Family Exteriors is eligible to offer you a two-year workmanship warranty on all Andersen windows from the manufacturer themselves!
Our Straightforward Installation Process
Installing new windows or completing a window replacement couldn’t be easier with our thorough four-step process:
- Prepare — We take ample time to prepare your home for window installation and to protect the exterior and interior. This can include drop cloths, an interior plastic wall system (zip poles), tarps, and exterior scaffolding.
- Measure — We want to ensure your new windows fit correctly, so we complete measurements three times: once during the initial sales call, again at the pre-installation measurement, and for the last time right before installation.
- Install — During installation, we remove the existing window(s) and install the new window(s) with all the proper flashings and insulation to guarantee lasting performance and energy efficiency.
- Clean — We understand living in a construction site is never easy. After your installation, our team cleans up and leaves everything looking better than we found it. We treat every home like it’s a Porter family home.
Featured Window Project
Transforming a Home into a Showstopper with Hardie Siding & ProVia Windows
This project takes us to Media, PA, where we had the privilege of working with a homeowner who was looking to give their McMansion a much-needed facelift.
Freshen Up Your Point of View with Beautiful New Windows from Porter Family Exteriors
Whether you’d like to install brand-new windows in a new home, swap out old, drafty windows with an efficient alternative, or overhaul the current style of your windows—we can help! Contact us today for a low-pressure, personalized quote.